This paper is an overview piece on the ISR special issue project on Collaboration and
Value Creation in Online Communities edited by Samer Faraj, Georg von Krogh, Karim R. Lakhani,and Eric Monteiro. Seven papers were selected for inclusion in this special issue. The list of the papers is below.
- Arazy O, Daxenberger J, Lifshitz-Assaf H, Nov O, Gurevych I (2016) Turbulent stability of emergent roles: The dualistic nature of self-organizing knowledge coproduction. Inform. Systems Res.
- Barrett M, Oborn E, Orlikowski WJ (2016) Creating value in online communities: The sociomaterial configuring of strategy, platform, and stakeholder engagement. Inform. Systems Res.
- Bauer J, Franke N, Tuertscher P (2016) Intellectual property norms in online communities: How user-organized intellectual property regulation supports innovation. Inform. Systems Res.
- Lindberg A, Berente N, Gaskin J, Lyytinen K (2016) Coordinating interdependencies in online communities: A study of an open source software project. Inform. Systems Res.
- Majchrzak A, Malhotra A (2016) Effect of knowledge-sharing trajectories on innovative outcomes in temporary online crowds. Inform. Systems Res.
- Shaikh M, Vaast E (2016) Folding and unfolding: Balancing openness and transparency in open source communities. Inform. Systems Res.
- Stanko MA (2016) Toward a theory of remixing in online innovation communities. Inform. Systems Res.